Suji Ka Halva
1.1/2 cup suji (semolina)
- 11/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 100g. blanched almond, cut into sliver
- 30 g. green raisins, soaked and drained
- 50 g. unsalted pistachio nuts, cut into slivers
from 8 green cardamoms
- 1\2 tsp. ground cardamom
- few drops of kewra essence
1. Boil sugar, few cardamom's seeds and water
for 5 minutes and keep aside.
2. Heat ghee in a heavy based pan and add cardamom seeds. Stirring all the time, fry these
for few minutes and Add the suji and stirring all the time fry on medium heat for 5-8 minutes until it is brown in color and
ghee leaves the side of the pan.
3. Add the syrup and ground cardamom. Stir well. Cover with a tight fitting lid and cook
for 10 to 15 minutes until nearly all the water has evaporated. Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a frying pan and fry the nuts.
Add the fried nuts and kewra to the halva and mix well. At this stage the halva should soft and dry. If there are still raw
grains of soji, add a little water, cover and cook over very low heat until it is soft and cook through.
5. Serve hot.